Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sincerity Restaurant: Fried Chicken Galore!

My family has been searching for this restaurant for several years already ever since my uncle read a mouth-watering article about their fried chicken in the Sunday's daily. As a gastronomic nomad, my mom asked me to go to Binondo to look and search for Sincerity for my uncle.

After countless driving in the main roads and one-way or two-way side streets, we finally found Sincerity Restaurant last week. This hole-in-a-wall place is tucked in the tight and busy Yuchengco St.. Parking can be a challenge here but don't fret since there is a small pay parking lot a few stores beside the rastaurant. It was also just in time that our friend Frannywanny also wrote a post about her experiences with Sincerity. I guess, that kept our appetite burn fiercer for their prized treat, their fried chicken. And then off we went to Sincerity after a tiring week passed by.
When we got here, the place was jampacked with diners. Children and adults all enjoyed the Chinese dishes that Sincerity's kitchen churned out. We waited to be seated upstairs since the place downstairs was already packed full. As we waited, we already ordered our lunch which consisted of the whole order Sincerity Fried Chicken, a bowl Duck Misua Soup, and 2 cups of Kiampong.


The Sincerity Fried Chicken that I had here tasted great. My hungry tastebuds somehow picks up a taste that there is a predominant Chinese spice that was used here, my inkling is that, it can be the 'Five-Spice' mix. I am used in eating fried chicken with several cups of rice since I am a 'rice monster' but the chicken was also good to be eaten even as just a finger food. I had a 'papak' galore!


The warm bowl of Duck Misua was served next. It's a Misua soup with a single duck leg on it. It was my first time to taste a misua soup flavored with duck meat since what we do at home is only Misua soup, flavored with dried, salted shrimp(hebi), tiny slices of pork and garnished with patola. The soup tasted well. My girlfriend, Kat tasted that it has a tiny hint of 'xibut' or 'sibut' which is what they call the traditional Chinese herb mix. This is something new for me.


Their Kiampong is a winner. A very delicious rice dish. Kiampong is a rice dish, cooked in a soy-based boil and garnished with chicken, nuts and spring onions. It is quite similar to Machang, only though the Machang is quite thicker and stickier. Kat and I told each other that we will also come back for it. I've only tasted a Kiampong from my Fil-Chinese friend in the office and as I say, Sincerity's Kiampong matched well with the taste of the Kiampong that my friend gave me. Perfect! Kat said that it was just like the home-cooked Kiampong that they had.

What made it more into a happy and filling meal is the easy price of the lunch fare.
The menu is very easy on the wallet. :)
I'd also like give special thanks to Frannywanny for her well-written Sincerity experiences. :)

Cheers!



Sincerity Restaurant
497 Yuchengco (Nueva) St.,
Binondo, Manila(02)241 9990 (02)241 9972

No comments:

Post a Comment