Friday, March 6, 2009

Shinjuku Ramen house

Last week, I had a terrible toothache and I preferred a soft diet since I can't chew that much. I was craving for foods that are easy to gulp down without the need for great munching. I met my girlfriend for a lunch date and we headed for a quick lunch at Shinjuku Ramen House in Makati Ave. As a big fan of Ramen dishes, I am very eager to eat despite the toothache. This is already my third time to visit Shinjuku and I have delicious memories of this ramen-ya.

For lunch and for the benefit of my aching tooth, we had a serving of Miso Ramen, Gyoza and Chahan fried rice.

The Miso Ramen is good. It came in a big bowl with ramen noodles topped with bean sprouts and mushrooms immersed in a Shiromiso (white miso) broth. The shiromiso broth was not very strong but just have enough flavor. The broth is very light and easy to munch down with. The Miso Ramen does not have an extraordinary taste but I love this type of ramen with its light, plain and tangy taste. To give it a kick, one can choose to sprinkle the chillied rayu oil to make it spicier. We just shared one regular order of this Ramen since we were afraid that we might not finish an individual serving.


Another dish that we shared is the Gyoza. Shinjuku is proud of their gyoza as one of their bestselling dishes on their menu. Their Gyoza was a big and chunky dumpling flavored with a strong garlic flavor, which I certainly love for a gyoza. It's also perfect to be dipped in its own tare sauce.

The Chahan fried rice is just ordinary. Nothing special about it but it also taste good. We just ordered it as a 'filler' if ever we went 'bitin' in our lunch.

We'll be back here to try their Tsuke-Men ramen.

Enjoy!


Shinjuku Ramen House
Makati Ave., Makati City
890-6106, 890-6107

No comments:

Post a Comment