Sunday, March 29, 2009

Philly lunch @ Elbert's Cheesesteak

Craving for a CheeseSteak sandiwich? I really miss those philly sandwiches that my mom and aunt made us when we had a loooooong drive for a weekend vacation. Memories of those philly sandwiches topped with onions, cheese and bellpeppers It's been quite sometime that my folks prepared this sandwich at our home. Then, two weeks ago, we saw Elbert's CheeseSteak Sandwiches in Powerplant Mall. This cheesesteak store is the 'brother' of the famous steakhouse in downtown Makati.
When my girlfriend and I visited this one for our lunch last week, the one that I ordered is the American Cheesesteak. It is their 'basic' cheesesteak which comes with a chunky portion of thinly-sliced steak on a bread bun and topped with caramelized onions and melted cheddar cheese. Oooh! I still fondly recall the savory smell and flavor of the sandwich! :D Very vivid memories since the steak will be cooked in an iron griddle right in front of you.


Well, I want to share this with you. At first I thought that the sandwich that I had was just small, 'bitin' and quite pricey (around 300+Php for just the sandwich) but when I finished it, I felt so full. The sandwich was such a filling meal. The steak tastes real good and it was a tender bite. The sandwich's roll was also fresh and soft. It's an option to add 80Php to make your meal into a sort of a 'value meal' by the addition of a glass of soda and their fries, which is also good. It's quite close to In-N-Out 's fries.
I just hope that they can offer an option of extra toppings if you want to spike up your sandwich like added cheese, more onions etc.
Well this cheesesteak store definitely made my long-time crave for cheesesteak waaaayyy satisfied. :)
We finished our meal with a smiling tummy and a happy..'burp'. :)

Cheers!




Elbert's Cheesesteak Sandwiches

Lower Basement Powerplant Mall,
Makati City

No comments:

Post a Comment