Saturday, March 7, 2009

Warm delicious and quick chow from the heart of Binondo

Well, I can say that this post is a part of my 'Noodle Series'. Kidding aside, I have tried another version of Chinese noodles in Binondo. This is when I paid a visit to Masuki.

Masuki (originally Ma Mon Luk) is a Chinese eatery which specializes in noodle soups or 'mami'. We had a breakfast date here this week and I was introduced to their Asado Mami. The Asado Mami is a serving of noodles in chicken broth and topped with chopped spring onions and slices of pork asado. Now, this is the part which is different. Before you eat, you will be offered a small cup of asado sauce for you to use as a siding. You can use it as a dipping sauce for your asado slices or you can pour some of it to the soup broth. I chose the latter. I poured some asado sauce to the soup to give it a more balanced flavor. Their mami is different since the chewy noodles are white-ish and not yellowish.


Well that's it! A warm, delicious and filling Chinese noodle breakfast from Masuki! :)


Masuki Mami Restaurant
931 Benavides St.,
Binondo, Manila
244-07-45, 243-2674

No comments:

Post a Comment