Friday, April 24, 2009

Shrimp Salad from Wah Yuen restaurant

*an old blog post reposted from my Multiply account

It is my first time to see and eat this kind of salad from a Chinese Resto named Wah Yuen in downtown Ermita.

The Shrimp Salad is a Chinese dish wherein fried shrimp pop-corns are served together with fruits, more of like a fruit cocktail selection with shrimps.

What surprised me is that, the dish is served hot. Yes, it looks like a fruit salad but it is steaming hot. Just imagine eating a microwave-heated fruit salad with shrimps.

Very unique dish!

Nevertheless, I love it! I ate it together with my sweet and sour pork and yangchow fried rice.
You can also ask the chef to serve it cold, wherein the shrimps are steamed.
Now I am getting hungry here in the office already!


Toshia!


Wah Yuen Restaurant
Adriatico St.,
Ermita, Manila (adjacent to Robinson's Place Adriatico Wing)

No comments:

Post a Comment