Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Gigi La Crepe

*reposted from my old Multiply blog.
Bonjour!

Crepe has been already a big part of the Filipino gastronomic culture.
It is usually eaten as a dessert, sometimes breakfast or as a merienda.
I usually have a serving of crepe at the Cafe Breton.

But nowadays, I do have it by way of Gigi La Crepe.

Gigi La Crepe is a Crepe/Galette stall that serves wide varieties of French Galette and Crepe.
It is through them that I was also introduced to the Galette.
Galette is a distant cousin of the Crepe. Their differences are their flavours and their composition.
Galette is more into the savoury flavour (sausage, meats, anchovies etc.) as opposed to the Crepe which is more of into the sweet and fruity taste spectrum.
As per its composition, the Crepe is made of wheat flour while the Galette is made from buckwheat flour.
I love the way they make their crepe.
It is just simple, simple presentation but still bursting with flavor.
I had a serving of their banana and Nutella crepe and it's uber good!
The crepe has the right texture between soft and chewy which is why I love it. :)
My dad also loved the Sausage Galette (called the Galette Paisan if I am not mistaken?).

Master Gigi, as I prefer to call him (the owner) never fails to serve his tasty Galette or Crepe together with his hilarious showman antics.
He is very warm, amusing and very very entertaining. :)

Merci Merci!

You can catch him and his bright yellow cart during weekends on the Salcedo and Legaspi Markets.


Gigi La Crepe
Landline: +632 729 7783
Mobile: +63 926 879-5980
+63 926 599-8756

No comments:

Post a Comment