Monday, April 20, 2009

Japanese dinner @ Oishinbo

I already lost track how often I've visited Little Tokyo for a choice of authentic Japanese food. Last Black Saturday, we dropped a visit to Little Tokyo again as we introduce atsie Michelle (my gf's older sis) to the place.
Loitering in the courtyard we finally made a decision were to dine. We chose Oishinbo.

Oishinbo specializes in yakitori, teppanyaki, sushi and sashimi. I am excited to try their yakitori dishes since I am not that fond of sashimi.


We tried their Butabara which is a dish of skewered pork belly and just seasoned with salt. It comes with its own tare sauce for you to dip it if you wish. The skewers are chunky and 'siksik' that is why they are great. Though a bit pricey since the pricetag comes per stick and they are bit smaller compared t0 the Pinoy barbecue, they are still worth trying.


Another wonderful dish that we were lucky to order is their Gyu Niku Teppanyaki. When I eat at japanese restaurants, I usually don't prefer teppanyaki dishes since for me they just taste like steaks which were cut into small cubes then stir-fried with veggies like cabbage and bean sprouts. But I had a different one here. Oishinbo's teppanyaki tasted so great. It tasted well that after we finished the plate, we got the drippings and mixed that with our rice because the teppanyaki tastes so good. The meat cubes are so tender.
You may also try their luscious and meaty Ebi Tempura, their Wakame Salad and their Sake Sashimi.

ebi tempura

wakame salad

sake (salmon) sashimi
Cheers!


Oishinbo
Little Tokyo
Chino Roces Ave. ,
Makati, Metro Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment