Sunday, May 31, 2009

Baguio series Pt 1: Forest House Baguio

A cool and comfy place for intimate moments with your special someone or a nostalgic get together with your friends, Forest House offers the ambience adequate for these special occasions. Set on a hillside, adorned with homey decors and infused with a homey atmosphere, the place is so warm and cozy. It gave me an image of a warm log cabin.

Try to reserve slot if you are going here for a meal. They’ll book you since the place gets full easily because a lot of patrons dine here.
Going here on a dinner, I asked the attendant about their specialty and he pointed out the Salpicao dishes. Heeding his advice, I then asked for their specialty dish, the Beef Salpicao. The dish comes in two kinds, one is made from the local beef cuts and the other is from the Australian Grain-fed beef. Of course, the latter came with a higher price tag. I got the grain fed since it is only seldom that I am in Baguio and I'll settle for the best. The salpicao cutlets that I had were sautéed in garlic over olive oil. It’s soft and tender to the bite. The garlic rice that came with it is also great. It reminded me of the sinangag cooked at our home. Very filling meal. You’ll get what you paid for.

I also had a bite of my brother Paeng’s Lamb Riviera. This is a lamb chop dish that, for me, tasted like steak! It has no after taste so characteristic of lamb dishes. Perfect! I promised myself that I would order this when we go back here in Baguio his Christmas. I still drool at the memory of the taste of this dish. Ohh yum yum!
Of course, I would not let this meal pass without trying one of their soups. I am a soup person and I love having soup together with my meal. The weather is also perfect for a warm bowl of soup. I had their Bouillabaise soup. The soup is fine and it’s served on a carved bread bowl. About the soup, I think they should just add some ‘meat’ on it like some seafood or any other substitutes to give the soup some texture.

I really had a great and wonderful experience dining here in Forest House.



Forest House
16 Loakan Rd.,
Baguio City
074 447 0459 and 074 304 4553
http://www.foresthousebaguio.com/

1 comment:

  1. I had read that their cheesecake was good and it was, indeed, good and not excellent. However, enjoying a hot spiced cocoa or a cappuccino with your cheesecake on the terrace at sundown is wonderful. They lit a candle on our umbrella covered table and we enjoyed the lovely colors of sunset. Very romantic setting.

    ReplyDelete