Monday, December 8, 2008

Indian Gourmet's ROGAN JOSH

As described on my previous posts, I love Indian Cuisine. I love their curries, mutton dishes, biryani rice dishes, stews and their flat breads. If you are into Indian food or would like to explore the cuisine, I would like to share my experience in the Indian Gourmet stall in the Legaspi Market. Indian Gourmet is a stall that sells specialty Indian Dishes that are all home made.

It's been several times already that we went to Indian Gourmet and this is only the time that I had a try of their meals since before, I was already full by the time I passed by their stall that's why I only managed to order their specialty beverages. What I tried here is their rendition of the Rogan Josh (Php 340). Rogan Josh is one of my favorite Indian dishes ever since I started to try the cuisine. Rogan Josh is a mutton dish or stew that is cooked in clarified butter (ghee) and then seasoned with spices under intense heat. The meal can come with steamed rice or their Roti bread. I chose the Roti bread to accompany my breakfast meal since I want to have the 'authenticity' of an Indian meal.



Indian Gourmet balanced the spices right in their Rogan Josh. It's not too spicy nor not too bland. It doesnt have the aftertaste/scent associated with mutton (lamb or goat). Though, I havent' asked the owners/chef Abhra or Ria about the prevalent spices, the spices' mixture is perfect. I love the blend of the spices in my taste buds after a scoopful of the Rogan Josh with their home made Roti bread.

This is an excellent Indian dish. I would recommend this to my friend and would come back to the Indian Gourmet for another serving.

To top off the meal, we ordered the homemade strawberry lassi to quench our thirst in the December morning. This lassi is also a must try specialty.


Thanks to the owners Abhra and Ria for a warm conversation accompanying the delicious dish!

Indian Gourmet also offers Vegetarian dishes like Popadums, Dal Makhni, Mutter Mushroom, Shahi Paneer. Meat and Chicken dish like Chicken Do Pyaza. Chutney varieties like Mango and Tomato Chutney plus the sides Basmati Rice or Roti Paratha. For the drinks, also available are chai tea-latte, masala lassi and the mango honey lassi.


Cheers!


Indian Gourmet

Indian, Middle Eastern & North African Cuisine

artspice@gmail.com 09173003042 / 09209036256




No comments:

Post a Comment