Sunday, May 31, 2009

Baguio series Pt 4: Chocolate de Batirol

Baguio weather is very perfect for a relaxing and slow day savored with a hot cup of beverage. While we were there, my family and I looked for a perfect place to have a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
While strolling around Camp John Hay to look for a coffee store, the road brought us into this simple, cozy place known as the Chocolate De Batirol.

Chocolate de Batirol serves home-made hot chocolate drink which is made directly from their heirloom batirol. Batirol is the pitcher-like container that is used in making (or dissolving) hot cocoa tablets which are made from ground cacao beans.

I tried their cold drinks instead of their hot chocolates. The cold drinks are mostly cold versions of their hot beverages. I had the Baguio Classic which is the chocolate shake version of their famed, specialty hot chocolate drink, the Traditional Blend. The Baguio Classic (above) is a simple chocolate drink made from their home-made grounded cacao beans and topped with whipped cream and choco chips. I had this because the time I went to the place is right after a paintball game. I was dead-tired that time and I needed something to cool myself after a tiring game. The drink is perfect. I love its cold, bittersweet taste that came gushing down my palate.

Choosing the Cinnamon Swirl is also a good choice for those folks who choose to have their drinks to be spiced. This is the Baguio Classic but served with a hint of cinnamon for a kick. I tried this too and it is also a great and refreshing drink.

And before I forget, they also sell bottled chocolate paste which you can dilute with hot water so you won't miss their specialty beverages when you're away from Baguio already. Very nice!


Cheers!


Chocolate De Batirol
Igorot Garden, Gate 2
Camp John Hay,
Baguio City, Benguet

2 comments:

  1. If you are traveling to and around the City of Pines in a private vehicle during a weekday, and your activities will involve the Central Business District, which restricts the entry of vehicles on specific days for specific vehicle plate ending numbers, you may want to get an exemption pass or just not use your car on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that wonderful review... Please visit our website www.chocolatedebatirol.com and follow us on twitter (@chocodebatirol).

    ReplyDelete